Chemistry Week 1
Bio
My name is Eric Darvish. I am 35 years old and from St. Louis, Missouri.
I recently moved back to the Bay Area to study Chinese medicine. I first started my formal study of “alternative medicine” in 2009 when I began studying Western herbalism
at what is now known as the Berkeley Herbal Center. In order to increase my scope of practice, I decided to study tui na at ACCHS, and completed my massage training there in 2011.
During that program, one of my instructors, Jason Frye, suggested I study with another teacher, Liu Ming. Through my experiences stuying tui na at ACCHS and Chinese cosmology and astrology with Liu Ming,
I realized that I wanted to pursue a more in depth study of Chinese medicine, and so I moved back home to St. Louis to finish my undergrad degree and get ready for acupuncture school. While back home,
I got completely sidetracked, and it took me until the Summer of 2019 to refocus my attention and intention to where I want it.
Now I am in back in Oakland, in acupuncture school full time and am very happy and grateful to be here.
My name is Eric Darvish. I am 35 years old and from St. Louis, Missouri.
I recently moved back to the Bay Area to study Chinese medicine. I first started my formal study of “alternative medicine” in 2009 when I began studying Western herbalism
at what is now known as the Berkeley Herbal Center. In order to increase my scope of practice, I decided to study tui na at ACCHS, and completed my massage training there in 2011.
During that program, one of my instructors, Jason Frye, suggested I study with another teacher, Liu Ming. Through my experiences stuying tui na at ACCHS and Chinese cosmology and astrology with Liu Ming,
I realized that I wanted to pursue a more in depth study of Chinese medicine, and so I moved back home to St. Louis to finish my undergrad degree and get ready for acupuncture school. While back home,
I got completely sidetracked, and it took me until the Summer of 2019 to refocus my attention and intention to where I want it.
Now I am in back in Oakland, in acupuncture school full time and am very happy and grateful to be here.
Concept Map:
With chemistry as the main category, I found that most of the other things I listed could be grouped into two subcategories: Plants and Petroleum. Looking back at it now, I feel like a third subcategory I could have added was Animals, because a lot of the sub-subcategories also could fit into that, eg whale oil for Energy, Bovine hormones for Medicine, meat for Food.
Field Trip Results:
We keep the scented cleaning products inside a plastic storage bin because my roommate is sensitive to chemical fragrances



your concept map is intriguing- I enjoy the connection between minerals & medicine and plants & spirituality. very nice
ReplyDelete